Jennifer Lopez Gives $1 Million After Hurricane Destroys Puerto Rico, Then Makes 2nd Announcement


Shaken by the devastation in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria ravaged the island, Jennifer Lopez has stepped up to offer all of her help. At a press conference on September 24th, Lopez outlined exactly what she plans to do in order to assist with relief efforts.

She has announced that she will personally be donating $1 million dollars of her Las Vegas concert proceeds to Puerto Rico. The island is especially important to Lopez given that she has family who lives there.

Lopez has pleaded for every American to help in any way they can. On Sunday, she proved herself a trailblazer in the efforts to provide relief to the people of Puerto Rico. At the press conference she gave at the end of last month, she said, “Puerto Ricans are American citizens, and today Puerto Rico needs our help […] Hurricane Maria has devastated our island.”

The pop and movie star is working closely with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and several other celebrities including her boyfriend Alex Rodriguez and Mark Cuban, in order to expand relief efforts. Lopez said, “Alex Rodriguez and I, who are both New Yorkers, are using all our resources and relationships in entertainment, sports and business to garner support for Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.”

In addition to her hefty monetary donation, Lopez is also stocking two airplanes full of much-needed supplies and generators and flying them out to the island. As of last week, the New York Times reported that 84 percent of Puerto Rico remains without power.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *